Location: Carlsbad, NM, US
Job ID: 17516
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
The Optimization Operator assists the DSC Production Analyst, Production Foreman and Asst. Production Foreman with production operations of the Company's operated properties. Responsible for data gathering, artificial lift optimization, and SCADA monitoring of production. Works under minimal supervision.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 3 years of related industry experience in lease operations with optimization responsibilities
• Expert in field on subjects such as artificial plunger lift operation, surface facility equipment operations and repair, oil & gas well chemical uses, and efficient time management
• Address underperforming wells in collaboration with DSC/production analyst, lease op, Foreman and engineer
• Monitor Progress: Minor subsurface well maintenance limited to non-BOPE jobs (i.e. swab, slickline, plunger maintenance, hot oil/water, regulatory, routine testing, batch/chemical/scale jobs, long stroke/respace, cap string inspection, fluid levels, dynamometer).
• Collaborate with Engineer, DSC/PA, Foreman & Lease Operator concerning wells and lease activities
• Participate and contribute in well reviews and route reviews
• Perform dynomometer, fluid shots &/or FBHP surveys where applicable as planned or needed.
• Troubleshoot and optimize producing wells & underperforming wells.
• Review production variance reports, make recommendations where applicable.
• Assist with the identification of opportunities for operations cost reductions and job efficiency and safety improvements
• Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with the Operations Engineers, Superintendents, Foremen, and Environmental Health and Safety Department
• Travel and work extended hours on short notice
• Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Oil and Gas Industry Experience Required
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Strong commitment to safety and environment
• Intermediate computer skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work within a team environment
• Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must meet requirements of Company Policy
• Must be able to safely and effectively wear Self Contained Breathing equipment and work in an H2S environment
• Capable of safely climbing stairs, ladders, fixed to various equipment during production and drilling operations
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.