Revenue Accounting Lead
- Location: Houston
- Supervisory: No
- Degree: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Certifications: MBA/CPA preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA or equivalent revenue systems and advanced in Excel
- Work Experience: 10+ years O&G experience required with revenue focus. Experience in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and North Dakota is a plus.
This position reports to the Revenue Supervisor within the Accounting Organization and will be responsible for assisting & booking revenue oil and gas bookings and analysis for the Company’s US assets. This position will interface regularly with Production Reporting, Operations, Tax & Royalty, Marketing Accounting, Marketing Representatives, and Land. The incumbent will need to demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills and a high level of initiative to realize department deliverables and goals within aggressive deadlines.
- Focus most of their efforts on analysis, interpretation and problem-solving.
- Review and analyze monthly revenue financial results, including revenue accruals, account receivable reconcilements and general ledger account reconcilements. Ensure monthly revenue variance explanations are prepared.
- Handle the most complex assignments.
- Record more complex revenue oil and gas bookings for assigned area of responsibility accurately and timely.
- Understand the field setup and flow in order to book accurate entries
- Ensure timely resolution of royalty, litigation and property acquisition & disposition issues and requests.
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of revenue accounting.
- Enhance and create new systems and processes to ensure functions are performed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Function as project leader on complex projects and ensures successful completion.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking additional responsibility.
- Work with Supervisor to monitor departmental expectations through planning and goal setting.
- Assist in developing and providing direction to accounting team through coordination and leadership.
- Work with Supervisor to mentor and develop departmental personnel. Bring attention to the Supervisor of personnel issues.
- Provide input to Supervisor on staff performance reviews.
- Interact with other departmental personnel to improve departmental communication.
- Ensure accounting and reporting is being performed timely and accurately, in compliance with Marathon policies.
- Assist Supervisor with ensuring establishment and maintenance of proper internal accounting controls, including those associated with SOX processes and associated maps.
- Assist and Lead process improvement implementation/ideas within the team on bookings, accruals, accounts receivables and other daily/monthly functions.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 29005 ||