Job Role Summary
We are looking for a Machinery Engineering Specialist to join Trecate Refinery.
Machinery Engineering Specialists are responsible for providing specialist rotating equipment support to ExxonMobil’s refining, chemical & petro-chemical businesses.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Provide technical guidance and leadership on site machinery, also taking a lead role in development and mentoring
• Develop and support machinery performance improvement initiatives
• Develop and assess equipment strategies for the safe and reliable operation of the machinery assets, with appropriate risk-justified solutions
• Analyse equipment behaviour, complete root cause failure analysis and identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety and reliability
• Develop and maintain technical standards and guidelines, supporting the transfer of best practices and technology into the wider organisation
• Support major capital projects in the areas of design consulting, technical quality assurance and start-up assistance.
Expected Level of Proficiency
• Engineering degree in mechanical engineering, or an equivalent subject
• Relevant machinery / rotating equipment engineering experience in an operational environment in the petrochemical industry or another heavy industry, for example utilities, mining, defence (five years+ as a guide). Candidates with less than five years’ experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered
• Strong IT skills, specifically being an experienced and competent user of Microsoft Office – including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• The application of a good level of theoretical knowledge in an operating environment, covering the major machinery types e.g. centrifugal, axial and reciprocating compressors, pumps, gas / steam turbines and extruders
• Use of applicable industry standards in the equipment specification and selection process
• Technical asset management and risk assessment, equipment strategy development and root cause failure analysis
• Commissioning and trouble-shooting machinery systems
• Rotor dynamics and machinery performance calculations