Finance Business Partner
Location: Perth, AU
Company: Woodside Energy Ltd
As a diverse and expanding organisation we have many divisions that support our business. You will find development and career opportunities, you’ll be valued, recognised, challenged and rewarded. What’s more, as a WA-based company, executive and leadership decisions are made right where you work.
Explore your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
The Finance Business Partner provides expert financial advice to the Marketing, Trading and Shipping (MTS) division on management, financial reporting, budgeting and governance.
The MTS division includes marketing and trading; strategy, power and new markets; commercial shipping; energy and marketing strategy (including domestic gas).
As the primary representative to MTS you will use your excellent interpersonal skills to communicate to non-finance professionals on issues and processes that may impact the business. You will have a proven ability to manage multiple customers, at varying levels across our organisation, and influence positive outcomes.
This is a permanent role based in our head office in Perth, Western Australia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice and guidance on complex and emerging issues
- Establish strong working relationships with all functional team leads
- Act as the key focal point for the budgeting and forecasting process to ensure effective communication between MTS and Finance
- Provide insights and feedback to Finance on the business needs of the MTS function to enable enhancements to management information and financial accounting processes
- Anticipate needs, communicate issues and seek solutions to add value and resolve issues
Skills & Experience:
- Post graduate qualification – CPA, CA or equivalent is required for this role
- Previous experience working in oil and gas or marketing, trading shipping relating to the oil and gas industry would be desirable
- Extensive experience working in a financial and/or management accountant role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence positive outcomes and talk finance to non finance professionals in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of working with SAP, Hyperion and Microsoft excel would be highly regarded
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Flexible work arrangements, including part time and job share opportunities
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym membership in some locations
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
Applications close at 11:59pm AWST on Friday 22 March 2019