Senior Industrial Security Engineer
Location: Perth, AU
Company: Woodside Energy Ltd
As a diverse and expanding organisation we have many divisions that support our business. You will find development and career opportunities, you’ll be valued, recognised, challenged and rewarded. What’s more, as a WA-based company, executive and leadership decisions are made right where you work.
Explore your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
People are at the heart of Woodside’s success and we require a Senior Industrial Security Engineer to shape, drive and own the secure delivery of our OT/ICS systems across one or more of our major capital projects.
As a part of this role, you will determine the functional requirements, provide input to the project basis of design and scope of work documents, select and manage the contractor delivering the work (including EPCM contractors, system vendors and integrators), review deliverables (including technical design / implementation details), attend factory acceptance tests (FAT), manage site implementation and acceptance testing (SAT), and manage document as-building.
Through-out this process you will ensure the OT security architectural principles are incorporated into engineering changes, through consistent application of Company/industry Standards, platform hardening guides and good engineering practices. You will also provide advice and guidance on security strategies to manage the identified cyber risks in OT and IoT disciplines.
Reporting into the Operational Technology Team Lead, you will work in a high performing team across a challenging ICS/OT digital environment and with an organisation that is innovating at pace. You will have the opportunity to lead and shape the safe and secure delivery of Woodside’s digitisation efforts across our application development, cloud, IoT and robotics service lines in support of the Cyber Team’s core mission of protecting Woodside’s people, brand and reputation.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract position based in our head office in Perth, Western Australia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver secure-by-design solutions by consulting with business stakeholders and projects to identify and reduce risk with innovative, efficient and sustainable controls built-in
- Manage and influence the lifecycle for security solutions across IT, OT, physical and cloud environments
- Champion cyber security by informing and influencing service line managers to own and manage cyber threats applicable to their platforms
- Apply NIST CSF and Woodside’s Engineering Standard for Information Security to system architecture and design
- Find new opportunities by staying abreast of industry trends and disrupters and how they can be applied at Woodside
- Drive continuous improvement in Woodside’s security governance, assurance, standards and delivery processes
- Mentor and coach staff to develop capability within the Cyber Security team
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience as an industrial control systems engineer and/or designer
- Extensive experience working across brownfield or greenfield projects in an EPCM environment
- Experience in the design, implementation, and operation of industrial controls environments (power plants/energy, manufacturing, utility, or equivalent) with working knowledge of SCADA systems and related hardware and software
- Extensive knowledge of cyber security fundamentals, with direct experience implementing new controls, ICS systems, or ancillary systems in support of cybersecurity hardening or improvement programs
- Knowledge of industry and government standards, including practical application of said standards
- Knowledge of an IT discipline such as networking, Wintel, virtualisation
- Experience acting as a subject matter expert within engineering teams
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Flexible work arrangements, including part time and job share opportunities
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym membership in some locations
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
Applications close at 11:59pm AWST on Friday 22 March 2019