System Engineer End User Computing
Location: Perth, AU
Company: Woodside Energy Ltd
As a diverse and expanding organisation we have many divisions that support our business. You will find development and career opportunities, you’ll be valued, recognised, challenged and rewarded. What’s more, as a WA-based company, executive and leadership decisions are made right where you work.
Explore your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
People are at the heart of Woodside’s success and we require a Systems Engineer to help shape, drive and own the standard operating environment (SOE) and pioneer new workspace solutions across the organisation. You will use your technical expertise to design and recommend solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of our business so our users can work productively and securely from anywhere on any device.
Reporting to the Digital Workspace Service Manager who is responsible for Unified Communications and End User computing, you will work in a high performing team across a challenging digital environment and with an organisation that is innovating at pace. You will collaborate extensively to implement Microsoft Windows management, provisioning and image management strategies that are customer focussed and secure.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract based in our head office in Perth, Western Australia.
Skills & Experience:
- Deep technical understanding of Windows 10 Operating System, Image Build, and Hardware Compatibility
- Experience with SOE design and implementation, applications packaging, scripting and deployment
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and other Microsoft enterprise services like SCCM 2016
- Experience in designing and maintaining large-scale Citrix environments, including both Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp is desirable.
- Experience in AWS and Azure is also desirable
- Extensive experience analysing and trouble-shooting OS and Citrix deployment issues
- Demonstrated ability to deal with diverse stakeholder groups and drive continuous improvements
- Information Technology/Management-related Degree or IT Tertiary Diploma desirable
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and/or Microsoft Certifications desirable
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyse, design and recommend complex solutions for the end user computing systems to meet the ever-changing needs of our business
- Engineer global automated PC Build environments
- Coordinate and drive end user computing improvements, in collaboration with our managed service partners
- Integrate SCCM and other end user computing systems with other desktop lifecycle infrastructure (ITIL, asset management, application catalogue, etc.)
- Ensure highly available software distribution and patch management and meet compliance targets
- Design and architect Mobile Device Management platform and advise on BYOD and co-management policies
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure and cloud teams to maximise uptime and design of highly available systems, achieving performance benchmarks, as well as identifying any system vulnerabilities
- Develop roadmaps for end user computing systems and services, and contribute to the development of Operating System Standards and Procedures
- Ensure effective Service Provider engagement plan to manage knowledge transfer, continuous improvement, service quality and Woodside process training
- Provide engineering guidance and assurance for hardware refresh and Operating system upgrades
- Implement pro-active monitoring, and lead trouble-shooting during major incidents
- Ensure Woodside’s Infrastructure Support Service Providers are aware of and operate in accordance with Woodside standards
- Monitor and manage service quality against agreed SLAs with Service Providers
- Develop and improve support processes and procedures to maximise benefit and minimise cost
- Monitor and ensure transparency of the total cost of ownership of infrastructure systems
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer: