About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Cost Controller to provide robust cost control and governance for a maintenance capital program with a budget value of over $50M.
You will be required to apply your cost control expertise, make effective decisions, and provide reporting and analysis that is critical in supporting line leadership in budget management.
- Manage monthly cost activities and reporting of the capital program, including accruals, actual spend, forecasting, earned value, variance analysis, budget management
- Provide monthly spend dashboard and lead capital project review meetings
- Build financial analysis project capability in business cost control software
- Manage daily cost reporting for major Shutdown projects
- Implement and operate the Management of Change (MOC) process
- Liaise with project managers, planners, estimators and schedulers to update reporting including cost and schedule performance
- Engage with stakeholders to understand cost variances whilst maintaining timely commentary
- Work closely with Financial Services to enable the allocation of distributed costs
- Thorough understanding of cost control, planning, scheduling and the principles of Earned Value Management
The successful candidate will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance or equivalent and have significant experience in financial management. You will be proficient in the use of financial and maintenance software along with advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of SAP, Prism G2 and scheduling tools (P6) are highly desirable.
This position will suit a proactive, results driven professional who demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to foster effective internal and external stakeholder relationships. Specialised experience in project controls within the oil and gas industry will be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please apply online. Applications close COB Monday, 6 January 2020