• Dynamic Oil and Gas ASX Listed Company
• Excel your career and develop within a growing organisation
• Commencing February 2020
Beach Energy is looking for a passionate Graduate Strategy and Economics Analyst.
We aim to support you to navigate your career by providing:
Individual mentoring and support from a senior technical employee who provides guidance, assists problem solving, and provides one-to-one feedback to help navigate your qualities and career
Dedicated buddy who will provide practical, day-to-day advice and ongoing support navigating Beach and building networks with colleagues
Hands-on experience and training to develop technical, leadership and soft-skills
Exposure to high-quality operations, technologies and contemporary business initiatives
Get involved in community engagement initiatives
Continuous learning – not just your technical capability but also build your best self with access to our leadership and personal development programs at Beach
Collaborative high-performance work environments where integrity, diversity and teamwork are valued through an inclusive and supportive culture. Successes are celebrated, and efforts recognised and rewarded
Action based learning in the spotlight – annual graduate learning series to work on diverse organisational challenges and present to Senior Executives
Long-term growth opportunities as our portfolio grows – no day is the same
Our Graduate Program focuses on building technical skills through on-the-job learning and coaching from technical experts. The Program is designed to give graduates unparalleled exposure to the complexities and intricacies of the oil and gas industry with valuable hands-on work experience and long-term career opportunities.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a dynamic, high performing company experiencing enormous growth in the industry.
You will provide business analysis and advice related to company assets and future business growth opportunities. You will have the opportunity to develop appropriate solutions in support of projects and recommend outcomes that are in line with organisational strategies and objectives.
This role will enjoy great exposure engaging with a variety of internal stakeholders and departments to identify and prioritise optimisation opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
What we need from you
• Developing, updating and reviewing financial models to support business case evaluations.
• Undertaking market and economic research.
• Analysing potential new business opportunities.
• Preparing presentations for management around new investment opportunities and strategies.
• Supporting acquisition and divestment processes and undertake investment evaluation activities.
• Identifying business improvement opportunities and developing and recommending solutions.
• Working closely with the Operations and Development teams to develop and update asset models and prepare supporting business case presentations and evaluations.
• Working collaboratively with the Treasury and Finance teams to support forecasting and reporting activities.
• Demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and resilience in adjusting to change in role requirements due to external and internal factors and the need to rapidly adapt and adjust.
• Available to work from February 2020
• Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
• Tertiary qualifications in engineering, economics, business, legal, finance or other technical related discipline.
• High level of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to participate and contribute in a team environment and possess strong customer service skills.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office programs including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to use a high standard of judgement and discretion in the dissemination of information, particularly in relation to market sensitive and confidential information.
• Capable of thinking through a problem logically under significant time pressure.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Desirable selection criteria
• Experience in business analysis and modelling, particularly in oil and gas, resources or energy infrastructure.
• Understanding of the oil and gas sector, developments and markets.
Beach Energy is a proud Australian oil and gas company with a strong pioneering history. Formed in 1961 and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1962, Beach Energy is an oil and gas exploration and production company that has grown to become Australia’s largest onshore oil producer with a major gas business having operations in South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia, Queensland and New Zealand.
Our portfolio of strategically located oil and gas assets positions us for further growth. Beach Energy’s sensitive approach to the environment, commitment to supporting the communities in which we operate, and sponsorship of local organisations all point to a thriving culture. We are committed to providing a diverse, satisfying and fulfilling workplace for all of our people. We value Safety, Creativity, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork.
Please follow the link to create your application and upload your resume, academic transcript and cover letter.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
Applications close Monday 6th January 2020
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a leading Oil and Gas ASX Listed Company, enjoy an exceptional work environment within a highly experienced team in a highly respected and progressive company.