The goal of this role is to provide a meaningful analysis for our manufacturing units (PX, PTA & OSBL) & Logistics at BPs Petrochemicals Manufacturing plant in Geel. The jobholder will deliver fit-for-purpose analysis and deep dives to provide meaningful performance reports and insides to the manufacturing leadership team. The Business analyst is in charge to deliver reliable and accurate financial forecasts (GFO) & annual budgets but is also performing excellent variance analyses versus budget and ad-hoc requests throughout the year, enabling the Senior Management to take efficient management decisions.
- Manufacturing closing (pricing, consumption, production, inventories and intra-divisional process)
- Yield calculation and analysis
- Verification of production metrics
- Full cost analysis of PTA/PX/OSBL product line, including manufacturing variable and fixed production cost (Variable PBM model)
- Logistics cost review with Logistics department on monthly basis
- Provide insides on logistics performance via a meaningful KPI reporting
- Support to annual budget/GFO process for PTA/PX/OSBL
- Support Financial Framework for manufacturing product lines
- Measure performance/ deviations/ deep dives for BIP initiatives
- Monthly cost reviews with PTA/PX/OSBL manufacturing teams
- Prepare monthly cost review for Management
- Owner SAP access rights and perform SOD control activities
- Supporting accounting with Shared Service
- Catalyst valuation follow-up
- Support for external audit
- Ad hoc analyses
Bachelors or master degree preferably in economics, finance, engineering or equal by experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong analytical skills, high level of numeric and financial awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Dutch) an effectively communicates with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent PC skills, including excel, basis BVA, SAP (MM, DO, FI), Powerpoint
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Self-motivated and good team player, able to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customersâ€™ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Petrochemicals is a global business, with manufacturing facilities in 10 countries, a production capacity of approximately 15 million tonnes and around 1,700 employees. Our products are applied in many different ways, such as polyester fiber, food packaging and building materials.
We manufacture and market across the following main product lines: purified terephthalic acid (PTA), paraxylene (PX), acetic acid and methanol, as well as olefins and derivatives through our refinery assets in Germany.
Our products are produced using our industry-leading proprietary technologies, which in some cases we monetise through licensing to third parties. We focus on deploying that technology to create competitive advantage.
We also produce speciality products such as metaxylene and are partnering in a new venture that uses our acetic anhydride to treat wood chips to produce high performance medium-density fibreboard. We are playing a part in the transition to a lower carbon future, launching PTAirTM, which supports a lower carbon footprint than average PTA production.